ISM Facilitator Training Course
The year-long ISM Facilitator certification program is designed for those who wish to deepen their own practice and to guide individuals or small groups in the practice of the seven-step process of InterSpiritual Meditation. Each month and via the ISM course website, trainees will join with a mutually supportive cohort to work with certified InterSpiritual Mentors and Facilitators and Ed Bastian. Trainees can also receive 27 general CEU certificates or CE certificates approved by the California Board of Psychology.
Applicants are required to complete an ISM course and submit a formal application.
Here are seven elements of this training program.
- Deepen in each of the ISM 7-Steps.
- Learn to honor, harness and harmonize our personal Spiritual Styles for spiritual and contemplative development.
- Fully utilize the content, tools and functions of the ISM course website, including the journal, styles profile, practice circles, and custom search engine.
- Learn to lead InterSpiritual Meditation sessions.
- Engage in a practicum, working with a individual or small group, under the guidance of a ISM mentor or facilitator.
- Learn how to facilitate ISM for others using the ISM books and online course content and resources.
- Join with a mutually supportive cohort of learners and practitioners.
To qualify for this program, applicants will fulfil the following requirements:
- Current membership in the spiritualpaths.net website.
- Upon formal acceptance, you will receive a personal code required to enrol.
- Click here to make your payment. (You must already be signed in as a monthly site member before you make your payment.)
- Spanish language applicants should contact Alex Warden, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Completed and actively participated an online course on InterSpiritual Meditation.
- Completed your Spiritual Styles Profile Instrument.
- Engaged in journaling about their seven-steps and spiritual styles.
- Written a minimum of a 1,000 word summary or equivalent expression covering all of the seven steps and if/how you harnessed your style(s) for each.
(This should be drawn from the online or written journal. It will provide an initial waypoint for the upcoming meditative journey. If already have completed a capstone paper for the Antioch CE credits, you will not need to write another.)
- An offering of $12.50/mo, or an amount that is affordable for you. Your offering will help defray some of the costs for the program.
Requirements for Certification
To gain ISM Facilitator certification, trainees will complete the following:
- Trainees will attend monthly group mentoring training sessions with Ed and/or a certified Mentor/Facilitator.
- Trainees will engage in monthly trainee dyad sessions along with Ed or a certified Mentor/Facilitator.
- Each trainee will practice facilitating the 7-Step Process with at least one outside individual or one small group under the guidance and supervision of a certified InterSpiritual Mentor/Facilitator.
- All trainees and the people they are working with should become members of the ISM online course website. For Spanish language speakers, written materials are available. Contact Alex Warden, email@example.com.
- Each trainee will use the journals provided to write about each of their 7 Steps of ISM and their Spiritual Styles.
- Trainees will actively engage in the Practice Circles for each of the seven ISM Steps.
- Continued certification will require adherence with the Guidelines for ethical conduct, facilitating ISM meditations and facilitating InterSpiritual discussions.
Capstone Paper or Project
Each member of the training cohort will complete a 2,500 word capstone paper and/or other significant form of expression that includes the following:
- A summary the wisdom gained from at least three spiritual/secular sources/traditions for each of the steps.
- A summary of how you are harnessing and harmonizing at least three spiritual styles.
- A summary of the contemplative practice you have developed for each of the seven steps.
- A summary of your work helping others to learn and practice ISM.
- If a creative project is presented, it should be accompanied by a written overview and rationale. If the above points are not included in the creative project itself, they can be summarized in this written statement.